For this we have some basic requirement:
- Simple smart phone have
- Android operating system (Android version must be 2.1+, I recommended 4.1+).
- 1GHZ processor (recommended)
- 512MB Ram (recommended)
- Kernel will loop device support (this is included in most custom ROM’s)
- SD card with at least 3.5GB of free space
- Data connection on your device
Software requirement For Installing Backtrack 5 in Smart phone
1. A Smartphone/tablet which needs to be rooted since it requires root permission to run certain scripts. (How to Root your android Phone)
2. Back | track 5 Arm architecture which can be downloaded from the official website of the Back | track Here.
3. Following Android Apps:
- BUSYBOX: It acts like a installer and uninstaller. It needs root permission to run. It has gpu cores and can run Linux kernels on android. Link
- Super user: This app just grants a super user power to your phone just like “su” does for Linux. Link
- Terminal Emulator is app that runs a terminal console in android .Link
- Android VNC is a tool for viewing VNC in Android. Link
Steps to install Backtrack 5 in Your Phone
1. Extract the backtrack folder “BT5-GNOME-ARM” to folder named “BT5” on the root of sd. That’s the top level of the SD card.
2. Open up the Terminal Emulator
3. Type the command “cd sdcard/BT5”
4. Run this command and you will see root@localhost.
5. Now let’s run Backtrack GUI with VNC viewer
6. Open android vnc